top of page
Sulphur Springs, TX
Because of its location on a hillside with a gentle grassy slope and its fine old shade trees the site of the present City Cemetery was chosen as the last sleeping place of loved ones by the earliest settlers. Marked graves date as early as 1849, but many unmarked graves in the older part of the cemetery are known to be much older, probably dating in the 1830's.
Through the years this spot has become a garden of memories. Among those sleeping there are men and women whose personalities and achievements have left an indelible stamp on the religious, cultural, and the social heritage of Sulphur Springs.
Sulphur Springs City Cemetery
bottom of page